Lisa Vormschlag, home economics apprentice, has been doing an internship for two weeks organized by MTP.
The trainee comes from BBS Westerburg and also works in Christliches Gästecentrum Rehe (Germany), as she is doing a vocational training in the dual system.
In Valencia she has been working in the Colegio Nuestra Señora del Pilar (Our Lady of El Pilar School), particularly in the school kitchen and dining room.
Some of the tasks carried out were:
- Assistance as a kitchen helper: Cutting food, preparing raw materials, cleaning utensils, helping the cooks.
- Assistance in food service: Helping in the food service to students.
Her experience has been very positive, and she has loved the city, up to the point of coming back the next summer, this time for holidays.
Aerial view of the school
Last March and April came to Valencia two apprentices in “Food Technology Assistant”.
These young people learn at the Carl-Severing Berufskolleg (Vocational Training Center) in Bielefeld (Germany) and they have come through SBH International, Stiftung Bildung & Handwerk (Education & Craft Foundation) with a grant from the Erasmus + Programme.
They’ve been three weeks interning at the EPSA company, whose main business is the distribution and mixing of food additives and ingredients. Among other tasks, they performed the following:
- Quality control: Testing of raw material and ended product, performing physico-chemical analysis like pH, moisture, viscosity and gel strength and using equipments like HPLC, texturometer or BrookfieId viscosimeter.
- Research and development: Preparing samples and setting up the protocols in the pilot plant for food products like olives, pickles or bakery.
- Quality procedures: Attending the internal meetings related with quality certification (ISO 9001) and HAPPC (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) plan.
Besides working, they have also had the opportunity to know the city of Valencia and its surroundings, beaches and the celebration of the Holy Week, attending a procession through the city center.
Surely they will keep a good memory of the experience and we hope they will come back again to visit us.
The ES+DE project (acronym of SPAIN TRAINS IN GERMANY), has successfully ended. It is a Vocational Training Consortium project within Erasmus+ KA102 action, coordinated by MTP (agreement number 2014-1-ES01-KA102-001605).
Summary data are described below:
- 3 sending partners: ALTAVIANA, FEGREPPA and TORREALEDUA.
- 4 host institutions: HWK Aachen, HWK Düsseldorf, HWK Koblenz and Seniorenzentrum Santa Teresa (Bottrop).
- 8 companies for workplacements: Bäckerei Alsbach, Bäckerei Geisen GmbH, Bäckerei Paß GmbH, Bäckerei Puppe, Bistro Petit Charlemagne, La Bécasse, Seniorenzentrum Santa Teresa and Terbuyken GmbH & Co.
- 18 mobilities: 14 trainees from 3 specialties: Bakery, Pastry and Confectionery; Cuisine and Gastronomy; and Care Nursing Assistants; and 4 mobilities of teachers for job shadowing and knowledge of the German Dual Vocational Training System and the role of the Chambers in it.
- 1059 days as a whole of stay in Germany.
- € 85,278.00 was the budget managed.
- Countless emails, phone calls and messages.
- Endless experiences lived…
Here are some representative pictures:
We appreciate the work and support of the mobility managers from the host institutions: Christine Erben, Heike Gröbel, Juliane Klein, Julika Ulrich, Oliver Kirst, Petra Laudemann, Rebecca Hof and Schwester Gladys.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.